home about me cooking baking crafts homeandgarden

Sunday 27 February 2011

Spring Clean 2011 has begun

Firstly Hello! This is my first post on this blog so bear with me! I used to blog on A Modern Girls Guide to Losing the Flab but wanted to have a blog for all things baking, cooking, crafts and general housewifely duties! Anyway on to the post!

My kitchen looked like this earlier


My first job on my spring cleaning To Do list was to clean the fridges. So out came everything and I threw away food we didn't need or was past it's best. I then took out all the drawers and compartments and cleaned with hot soapy water. Inside the fridge I used a damp cloth and bicarbonate of Soda and then dried everything with a tea towel. It's very important to not leave it damp. Then everything was put back inside- nice and fresh!

Other things I did today to begin the spring clean was dust all my vintage china collection, wiping all the picture frames, skirting boards and light switches in the kitchen. I also cleaned the outside of the cupboards with a damp cloth and a sugar soup solution (they sell this in a spray bottle in B&Q.

So I've now started and need to make a To Do list for all the other things that need doing both for the house and the garden. Next room on my hit list is our 3rd bedroom which is where the computer and cross trainer is. It's a bit of a no-man's land so I need to do a good sort out. I'll save that for another post.

I also made some sweet potato soup with some sweet potatoes that needed using. It should do me a couple of days for lunch at work. All it had was a chopped onion, carrot cubed, 3 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and cubed, pint of vegetable stock and salt and pepper. Simmered for 15 minutes and blended. Soups are great to make when you have left over vegetables at the end of the week. My general rule is use an onion, carrot and stock as a base and then chuck in whatever you have. Yummy! I'll be sure to share more recipes.


It's mine and Phil's anniversary tomorrow (actually it the 29th February but there isn't one this year) but we are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate but I've made the pudding for us to have when we come back. A Cherry Pie- the recipe will be on the next post!

So here is my first post. And here's to many more! I hope to hear from lots of you so leave a comment if you can. Sharing tips or advice would be great :-)

Jess
x

No comments:

Post a Comment