home about me cooking baking crafts homeandgarden

Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas Preparations and Yorkshire pud

1 week until Christmas!! So excited.



Most of my Christmas shopping has been done and wrapped, just a couple of little bits to get this week. Have you all done yours?

I've not had a lot of time to prepare this Christmas, with the day job, cake business, family stuff and my longer commute but I'm happy that I've done enough. Next year with me working for myself I'll be able to do a lot more planning :)

All my veggies for xmas dinner have been prepared, blanched and put in freezer bags ready to be finished off xmas day. This saves loads of time.

I've been planning our xmas meal plans and still in the process of doing them. I've not decided 100% on the main event for Christmas dinner. I have a few contenders but tonight I'll decided! Any ideas? 'll do a post with some of the things I'm planing to do. We are having all the normal trimmings (vegan), brussels, stuffing, bread sauce, maple roasted carrots and pasrnips and yorkshire puds.

And this brings me on to...

Vegan Yorkshire Puds


Makes 12 mini yorkshires


Oil for cooking
115g self raising flour
pinch of salt
280 ml soya milk
55g whole egg replacer (I use Ener-G)

1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.

2. Put 1 tsp of oil in each muffin hole and place into oven to heat.

3. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Mix the egg replacer into a smooth paste with 50 ml of water. Mix this in with the milk in a jug.

4. Add half of the wet to the dry mix. Mix it into a smooth batter then add the remaining liquid. It should be like cream, if it’s too thick add more liquid.

5. Transfer the batter to a jug and fill each compartment to the top. It should sizzle as it goes in. Do this as quickly as possible before the heat gets out. Cook for 15-20 mins.

When these were done they didn't look like normal yorkshires- they don't tend to sink in the middle. I was worried. But they were great! Even Phil loved them. He preferred them to normal yorkshire pud. Win!

Right I'm off to make some dessert, do some more menu planning and relax on the sofa with my man!

Jess
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment