home about me cooking baking crafts homeandgarden

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Recipe Post- Asparagus Curry (Vegan Friendly)

Happy Tuesday guys. I want to Start off by congratulating Gina and Tom on their new arrival. You can check out Gina's blog here.

Now I had a curry from one of our local curry houses, it was an asparagus curry and it was awesome! I loved it. But with trying to cut down unnecessary spending I wanted to try and make it at home for much less.

So I made it last night and loved it- and have some left over for lunch today :)



Asparagus Curry- Serves 2

Ingredients
1 bunch of asparagus- I had about 10 spears
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp almond flakes
1/2 Green chilli de-seeded (more if you like extra hot)
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Tumaric
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1/2 onion chopped
Handful chopped coriander
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 can coconut milk


Method

1. Start by washing your asparagus and cutting off the woody ends. I simply do this by snapping them where they naturally snap. Chop asparagus into small pieces. I did mine in about 0.5 cm rounds. Place into a microwavable bowl with 2 tbsp water and heat for 3 minutes and set aside.

2. In a large pan heat olive oil and add onions and all spices. Gently heat until onions are soft. Meanwhile place cashews, almonds, green chilli and 1 tbsp olive oil into a food processor and mix until a paste.

3. Add nutty paste to pan and cook for 1 minute. Then add chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and chopped asparagus and stir continuously on a low heat for 5 minutes. 

4. At the end of cooking add in some chopped coriander and serve. I served mine with rice and a chapati


1 comment:

  1. Yum that looks lovely! I love Ginas blog too. In fact, I saw a post on facebook you tagged Cherry Menlove in, and had to come and check out your page as I love all the same blogs as you hehe xx

    ReplyDelete