home about me cooking baking crafts homeandgarden

Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day

"All that I am  or hope to be I owe to my Mother"
Abraham Lincoln

Mother's Day is a special day. I know we should cherish our Mother's every single day. I do, I couldn't be without her but people do put a little more effort in on Mother's Day. We get so caught up in life it's nice to take a day to truly celebrate our Mum's.

Here is my amazing Mum Andrea (with my Dad Dave)



Me and Mum haven't always had the best relationship. When I was a teenager, I was well... a teenager and my Mum had her own demons to confront. But now we have come so far. She is my rock and she is a fantastic Mum. We are going through some very tough things as a family at the moment and my Mum is holding it all together. When ever we are in pain or scared we always ask for our mum. I love you Mum.

A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
- Victor Hugo


So for this Mother's Day me, my Mum, Nan, Auntie Sam and Brother Tom are of out for a lovely Thai meal. The restaurant we go to is great as has lots of great veggie options for me. Can't wait to go there.  Just wish my sister could be with us. She is in hospital at the moment but she made mum a lovely card. 

Firstly I made my Mum's card. Forgot to take a pic before I sealed it but it is based on this idea

(Source)

Gift wise I bought a charm bracelet with a few charms on. I love charm bracelets- this way I can buy her more charms as gifts.

I also made this great little 'Reasons why I Love you' book. Here is the link to the printable and below are a couple of pictures of the one I made.







And lastly the cake. Just a simple vegan coconut cake with homemade bunting.

For the bunting I simply cut out several small triangles out of fabric scraps and threaded a needle through.





Happy Mother's Day Mum

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment